Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Searching

On the lookout for this. Lost my digital copy a few years ago. Album art never lies.

Album Liner Notes:
"A strange thing happened recently when my piano playing son Randy and i were on our way through a couple of scotch and sodas. A late afternoon delivery and there it stood with all the tapes of the pre-recorded music for my children's songs TV series. "By the Stark Reality it says its here". "Who's the Stark Reality" asked Randy.
"Some group your brother Hoagy has been touting," I said wearily.

But how to play them? Oh yes, that big tape recorder a college chum had given me for christmas. A measly gift, and i had almost forgotten about it. Luckily, Randy knew how to work it, and out of it rolled some of the damnedest music either of us had ever heard. This is children's music!? OK., sera, sera - and Randy and I poured one quickie after another as we sat there losing our middle class minds. "Weird, man."

I say, "Stark mad" Monty's voice?...somewhere between the filings on the edge of a pie pan, and the singing of a guru during one of his most exalted moments. I tell you, that Monty is something else."

No comments:

Post a Comment